2018 Miss Allen County Queen Scholarship Pageant Details
Initial deadlines are noted below. Remember Miss Allen County is open to young girls aged 17-21 (must turn 17 by June 1, 2018) that live, go to school, OR participate in a worthwhile organization in Allen County. This organization could be 4-H, dance, youth choir or other like minded organizations in Allen County, Indiana.
Contestant Packets for Interested Young Ladies
If you would like to obtain a contestant packet with the rules, entry form, and additional details about participating in the pageant, please email pageant Director, Michelle Love at email@example.com. In the email, please include your name, age, birthday, address, phone number and email address. To save on postage, contestant packets will only be emailed.
2018 Deadlines & Dates
- June 15th – Entry Forms/Information Sheets postmarked with $50 entry fee (may obtain sponsor for fee)
- June 27th – Workshop & Orientation, 7pm at the Fairgrounds (not required but highly recommended)
- June 29th – Late Entry Forms due (in hand) with additional $15 late fee attached
- July 14th – Mandatory Practice Day, 1:00pm – 3:00pm at Carroll High School
- July 15th – Miss Allen County Queen Pageant, 6:00pm at Carroll High School (contestants arrive at 11am)
- July 24th-July 29th – Allen County Fair (mandatory events during the Fair for Queen & Court)
- January 4th-6th, 2019 – Indiana State Fair Queen Pageant (mandatory for 2018 Queen)
There are four areas of competition for the Title of Miss Allen County.
Competition Area 1: Interview – Professional Dress or Suit – 50 points
Each contestant will have four minutes to interview with the judges. She will answer impromptu questions from the three judges. Typically the questions will come from each contestant’s information sheet. Professional attire is required.
Competition Area 2: Professional Wear – Professional Dress or Suit – 20 points
The professional wear suit does not have to be of the same fabric. Separates will be allowed. Suit or professional dress worn by contestant in her interview should also be worn and judged in the Professional Wear Category. No props are allowed.
Competition Area 3: Evening Gown – Long Evening Gown – 30 points
At least one portion of the evening gown’s hemline needs to be floor length. Other portions of the dress may be knee or tea length, depending on the design of the gown. The judges may discount a gown with the skirt split above knee (more than 2 inch above the kneecap is maximum) and/or low cut bodice/cutouts.
Competition Area 4: On Stage Question – Evening Gown – 10 points
The question will either be taken from the contestant’s Information Sheet or each contestant will draw a random question. This will be determined prior to the pageant in order for the contestant to prepare. Contestants are not judged on right or wrong answers, but rather how they answer the question and the personality the portray.